Planning on partying with us? Here's how to have a great time...
#1 is probably parking, but please read these others first. These are even more important:
- Can we bring lawn chairs or blankets?
- Is it BYOB? Can I bring my own food?
- Can I bring a cooler?
- How should I dress?
- Will there be an area for dancing?
- Will there be vendors and other stuff to buy?
- What's the parking situation?
- Is there a hotel that you can recommend?
1) YES - Lawn chairs and blankets (no tents, though) are advised at both venues. The BARn is an indoor/outdoor space with seating inside and picnic tables outside. There is no seating at Stubb's, so DEFINITELY bring a lawn chair.
4) It's best to dress for going to an outdoor event. You'll do great in boots and jeans (even shorts and chanclas!) but you might want to leave the high heels and dress clothes at home. The BARn has an indoor dancefloor and indoor stage at Stubb's does have a nice smooth floor.
The BARn is located at 6218 Brodie Lane in south Austin and guests should park at Lowe's, just a block and a half away. There is a well-paved sidewalk leading to The BARn. For disabled guests who may need accommodations, there will be a limited number of handicapped parking spaces adjacent to the venue for those with placards or plates, and/or festival staff can arrange a pick up and drop off area.
Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater is located in downtown Austin, with plenty of paid parking within a couple of blocks of the venue either on the street, in garages or in lots. Prepare for traffic and parking as you would for Fan Fair in San Antonio. Here's a map with some of the paid parking lots shown noted:
7) HOTEL - We recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Sunset Valley, 4892 US Highway 290 West, Austin, TX 78735. It's just right down the road from The BARn and from Barton Creek Mall, away from the hustle and traffic of downtown, with a variety of restaurants in the immediate area.
We travel all over Texas and these hotels have never let us down. Always excellent accommodations and never a gamble.
If you have any more questions, call or text 512-609-9208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.